In Search of the Flavors of the Ancient World: Uncovering Project
- ZMarketing Strategy
- ZDigital Marketing
- ZVideo Production
Services We Provided
- Marketing Strategy
- ^Content Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Campaign Management
- ^Video Content Production
- Video Production
- Television Commercials
- ^Promotional Film
As part of the Turkish Museums Project, a selection of museums and archaeological sites has been made to effectively promote these areas and breathe new life into the original recipes of their former inhabitants.
We filmed at 17 different archaeological sites across the country and produced a 34-part video series titled “Uncovering the History” and “Uncovering the Tastes.” The documentary was created entirely in English with commentary by a traveling chef fluent in the language. At each archaeological site, we shot two segments: one that introduces the site and tells forgotten stories, along with current information about excavations and restoration, and the other that recreates a taste beloved by the ancient civilizations that once inhabited the site. During the production of this series, we set up an authentic mobile kitchen at the archaeological sites and prepared all the dishes using original methods and ingredients to ensure that the cultural heritage was not compromised. We posted our documentaries on the social media accounts of Turkish Museums to introduce our cultural heritage to a wide audience.
How We Started?
- ZDevelop a concept for the presentation of Turkish culture and history and select a presenter to act as the face of this series.
- ZEstablishing a nationwide operation to capture video and photo content and then preparing these materials for publication.
- ZDeveloping a Digital Communication Strategy.
- ZCreating content to accompany the series for social media accounts, developing cross-platform strategies, and managing operations.
What We Did?
- ZAs part of the internationally recognized Turkish Museums project, the Uncovering series was conceived, produced, and published entirely in English.
- ZExtensive academic research was conducted in the pre-production phase to develop the concept and script, which included collaboration with excavation directors, academics, and experts.
- ZThe process of identifying the tastes and eating habits of the era, as well as the original presentation style and materials, was conducted in consultation with specialists.
- ZThe scripts for the 34 episodes filmed as part of the project were carefully written by Siu Digital's team of experts.
- ZNumerous people with experience in international projects were carefully considered in the selection of the narrator. Siu Crew took care of all the necessary preparations for the selected narrator in terms of art and accessories.
- ZThe determination of the kitchen and special equipment to be used in the shooting of the video series, as well as their scheduled production and procurement, were carried out by Siu Crew.
- ZThe results of the project were carefully planned, with video content produced and released in formats tailored to the dynamics of each active social media platform.
- ZA special broadcast schedule was created for the documentary, which included accompanying content and blog posts about the series that were published on the website and social media.
- ZA performance marketing strategy was developed to reach a broader audience, and promotional campaigns were run to ensure the content reached more people.
- \As part of the "Uncovering" series, 34 episodes were filmed and released in 17 different locations.
- \The released episodes were supported by weekly social media content and blog posts that offered in-depth introductions to each region.
- \Joint releases were made with the GoTürkiye platform, which enabled the mutual promotion of two major projects.
- \The Turkish Museums' main social media account, Instagram, as well as Facebook and Twitter accounts, saw an increase in follower numbers and engagement rates.
- \The content was also displayed on LED screens by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- \For the enthusiastic followers of the Uncovering series, an interactive workshop was organized as part of the Capital Culture Route events. The "Taste of History" workshop was held at the Roman Baths in Ankara on October 15 and 16, 2022, and delighted the participants.
- \The documentaries showcased Türkiye's potential in cultural tourism alongside traditional sea, beach, and sun tourism and led to the decision to continue the Uncovering project in the following years with different themes and content.